Friday, April 29, 2011




Tyiptych #1




      When creating my Photography Triptychs, I went into my backyard to find some interesting pictures of nature. For my first Triptych, I used three pictures of different textures of wood that had interesting pattern. Overall I feel as though when you zoom in on each of these pictures, the grains and looks of each are very unique but also are compatible with each other. The picture on the left, is a picture of the side of a very old shed turned vertically. I changed the colours of this picture by adjusting the hue and saturation of the picture. In this picture you can really see how old looking this wood is by it's aged look and deep lines. The middle picture is a zoomed in picture of some old wooden steps with some leaves scattered on top. For this picture, I also enhanced the colours to make it similar to the first picture. The picture on the right, is of the bark of a big oak tree. The light that is captured in this picture adds interest to the dimensions of the tree and creates a focal point. All three of these pictures have the same sort of style, although each is different in their own way. I made sure that in each picture that there was a certain tone of pink that can be seen in each. This is what unites these three pictures onto one Triptych.






Triptych #2


   
       In my second Triptych, I chose three pictures that are similar based on the natural colours that are in them. All of these pictures are also of different woods in my backyard. Each of these pictures have a very unique look to each of them. The top left one is a picture of a log of wood with a pattern of holes in it. The bottom picture is of a pile of swigs. This picture has a interesting look to it because there are so many sticks over lapping each other. The big picture on the right, is a zoomed in image of a tree with sap running down the side. This triptych has a sense of gore to it, as the red tones are brought out using the colour enhancing tool.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous. Your images are clear, well chosen and are altered in a highly artistic manner. Your written work explains you intent clearly. Well done!

    ReplyDelete